We are only in February, and already 2012 is shaping up to be my busiest year yet! This is very much NOT a complaint!
Not only is the paperback version of my BDSM novel, The Perfect Submissive, going to hit the world in June, but I have been commissioned to write my third novel- I’m not giving away any secrets on that one yet!!
In between this feast of writing, I am also attending some very exciting events!
On 3rd March I am going to Bristol, to attend my very first Erotica conference- Eroticon– Write sex right!!!
Sponsored by LoveHoney, Coca de Mer, House of Erotica and Total E-Bound, it takes place in Bristol, UK, on 3rd March.
Just look at this fantastic schedule!!
8.00 – 9.30 : Registration and breakfast. A chance to mingle, grab a pastry and a coffee and get ready for the day ahead.
Breakfast kindly provided by Total E Bound.
9.30 – 10.30 : Panel 1
- Identity, ethics and sex blogging : Zoe Margolis, Lori Smith, Molly Moore, Mina Lamieux : a session discussing identity, anonymity and privacy of both author and subjects.
10.30 – 10.45 : Refreshments
10.45 – 12.00 : Session 1, chose one of:
- Writing workshop : Maxim Jakubowski : An interactive workshop to help keep the erotic writing juices primed.
- Taking Your Writing Beyond the Page: Scarlet French : The Power of Collaboration, a session looking at taking your work from the web into the world.
- Convincingly queer, writing beyond our experience : Aisling Weaver, Josephine Myles : A discussion on how to we write hot sex scenes when you’re the of a different gender, sexuality or kink to ever be able to participate first hand.
- Tech workshop: Michael Knight : A session for those needing a geek fix in the day, a discussion of blogging platforms, the ins and outs of self-hosting, SEO and all the backroom gubbins that gives us more headache than our latest work in progress!
- Pitch Session : Total-E-bound: Get yourself infront of the industries leading publishers and find out what they have to offer.
- Publishers panel : Hazel Cushion, Maxim Jakubowski, Andrews UK, Claire Siemaszkiewicz: A discussion panel made up of publishers, editors and established authors, who can answer your questions on getting your work published. The publisher’s panel is sponsored by Andrew’s UK and House of Erotica
- Photography workshop : John Tisbury : A session for those that want to improve the photography elements of their work.
- Self-publishing, going indie : MK Elliot : MK Elliot shares her insights into jumping off the publishing high board and self publishing.
- Sex and the media : Lori Smith, Zoe Margolis, Rubyyy Jones : A panel discussing how sex is written about and represented in the media.
- Marketing & promoting your work : Lucy Felthouse, Victoria Blisse : A session covering marketing your blog and your published work to build your audience
- Podcasting : Michael Knight : get your voice heard, everything you need to know about starting with podcasting.
18.00 – 20.00 : Closing session drinks party and readings
I had the great pleasure of meeting the conference organiser this week, Miss Erotic Notebook herself, Ruby Kiddell. After a good chinwag about what I can expect, and how much sheer hard graft has gone into arranging Eroticon, I am now even more excited about attending next month, than I was already! It’s unbelievable that the UK has never hosted this kind of conference before- bring it on!!
There are some places left if you want to come- just follow this link for all booking details etc.
Before all the excitement of the conference however, there is much fun to be had at the end of this month- I am delighted to be heading to London on 24th Feb for a whole weekend of Sh-ness!
On 24th Feb, the unstoppable KD Grace, with the able assistance of Miss Sarah Berry, will be hosting the More Bang Erotic Reading Slam at Sh! Portobello to raise money for the Sexual Advice Association.
If you want to come and listen to an amazing array of fabulous story snippets, and naughty poetry, from a host of authors and poets (including me!), or if you fancy reading something of your own creation during the 5 minute open mic session, then book a place with Sh asap!!
The following evening, Saturday 25th Feb, the smut will be moving across London to the Sh Hoxton shop, for the launch of KD Grace’s excellent paranormal erotic novel- Body Temperature and Rising– the first book in her powerful Lakeland Heatwave Trilogy.
Tickets are again available from Sh– so why not come along to sup a spot of champagne, and nibble the odd cupcake, while you listen to some delicious kink!!
See you all there!!